I was pleased to open the Southend Foster Families Council (SFFC) Fun Day at the Skylark Hotel earlier today.
They have a new Chairman who is very energetic and along with fellow members they really are making efforts to re-energising the council as a good support network for foster carers and for kids to be able to get together and go on extra trips and outings.
It was also the launch of Southend Council’s efforts for Foster Care Fortnight, with our stand set up and enquiries came flowing in, with interest in both fostering and adoption. The start of a busy fortnight for our recruitment team I hope!
Two embarrassing things:
1. I decided to be unable to read, so completely fluffed what I wanted to say, so much so that I put it back into my pocket and engaged brain – got a bit better then! Still even the best mess up sometimes.
2. When playing on one of the stalls, you need to be careful what challenges you accept from journalists! The wire loop game is NOT my forte… and the journalist completed it. Oops!
If you are interested in becoming a foster carer, please come along to one of the council’s recruitment events over the next two weeks:
- Tuesday 14th May – 10am until 12 noon at Blenheim Children’s Centre, School Way, Leigh.
- Wednesday 15th May – 10am until 12noon at The Royals Shopping Centre.
- Thursday 16th May – 10am until 4pm Reception area, ground floor of Southend Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue.
- Tuesday 21st May – 10am until 12noon and 6pm until 8pm – The Cliffs Pavilion.
- Wednesday 22nd May -10am until 2pm Leigh Community Centre / Metal Café, Elm Road, Leigh.
- Saturday 25th May – 9:30am until 5:30pm at Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre, Garon Park, Southend.
or contact the team on 01702 212938.